Few achievements of SWAN :
● Successful study of Annular Solar Eclipse in Dec 2019 from Kerala. (Link)
● Article on 2019 and 2020 Solar Eclipse in Reporter by SWAN member. (Link)
● Five days long Astro carnival NAVONEEL 2019 (Link)
● Successful Radio observation Perseids meteor Shower in 2018
● Successful Radio Communication with International Space Station in 2017.
● Successful study of Mercury Transit in 2016
● India's first International Space Stations Solar Transit imaging using H Alpha (Link)
● India's first Solar imaging using H Alpha telescope by any non Govt organization
● Successful study of Venus Transit 2012 (Link)
● Article on Venus Transit in Reporter by SWAN member (Link)
● India's first Astro Event LIVE Webcast. January 2011 Lunar Eclipse
● Successful photo coverage of 1995 TSE
● 2003 Mercury Transit
● 2004 Venus Transit, Sun spots etc.
● Successful environmental and animal behavioral study in TSE 1999.
● Successful photo coverage(Year 1997) of Comet Hale-Bopp that comes closer to earth once in 4200 years.
● During TSE 1999, a SWAN member was one of the 25 heads selected from the whole globe for Trans-Continental Coronal Observing Network of Royal Observatory of Belgium.
● National Film Board of Canada made a full length Documentary film, ‘Shadow Chasers’ on Solar Eclipse related activities of SWAN member Debasis Sarkar and three others, Paul Houde of Canada, Alain Cirou from France and Olivier Staiger from Germany. The film has become an icon in solar observer’s community through out the world.
● NASA dedicated space in its official website to Debasis Sarkar in 1997.
And, number of highly acclaimed publications in print and electronic journals on various astronomy related issues.